Norwegians in America, their History and Record: A translated version of the 1907 and 1913 Nordmændene i Amerika, deres Historie og Rekord, Volume 3
Written by Martin Ulvestad
Translated into English by Odd-Steinar Dybvad Raneng
Transcribed from Gothic script by Benjamin Keith Huntrods
Edited and Published by Deb Nelson Gourley, Astri My Astri Publishing
Volume 3 — Norwegian immigration during 1825-1913
- Vol 3 of a 3-vol-set [NOTE: all 3 books NEEDED as they cross-reference]
- Sorted by last name or paternal name, references Vol 1 & 2
- GENEALOGY — GENEALOGY — GENEALOGY
- Thousands of biographical sketches plus 1901 USA maps
- Where emigrated from in Norway, year, where to, occupation
- Names of sons and/or relatives born in America at that time
- 704 pages, 7 x 10 inch, hardcover, Smyth sewn binding
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9760541-9-1
- © 2012, Printed in U.S.A.
Volume 3 has an English translation of the complete book of the 1913 Gothic script and covers immigration to America 1825-1913. Thousands of biographical sketches alphabetized by last name. Information includes where emigrated from in Norway, year, where immigrated to in America and occupation. Also listed are names of sons and/or relatives born in America at that time, where known.
Areas included are:
- USA — 41 states and 500 counties: Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Washington, Alabama, Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Canada — 6 provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Saskatchewan.